Courtesy of the artist
Aaron Neville. Courtesy of the artist
- Aaron Neville (voice, piano), "Who Will Be The One"
- Neville (excerpt), "Ting A Ling" (Nugetre)
- Neville (voice), Feinstein (piano), "This Magic Moment" (Pomus, Shuman)
- Neville (voice), Feinstein (piano), "Nature Boy" (Ahbez, Linnette)
- Neville (voice, piano), "Thousand Miles Away/Daddy's Home" (Miller, Sheppard)
- Neville (excerpt), "Be My Baby" (Spector, Greenwich, Barry)
- Neville (voice), Feinstein (piano), "Under The Boardwalk" (Resnick, Young)
- Neville (voice), Feinstein (piano), "Goodnight My Love" (Marascalco & Motola)
- Neville (voice), Feinstein (piano), "Mona Lisa" (Livingston & Evans)
- Neville (voice), Feinstein (piano, voice), "Smile" (Chaplin, Parsons, Phillips)
Aaron Neville has been a radio mainstay for more than five decades. Coming from a musical family in New Orleans, he got his start singing with The Neville Brothers and had his first No. 1 R&B hit in 1966 with "Tell It Like It Is."
Neville moves easily through musical genres — including pop, country, soul, R&B and doo-wop — and has earned three Grammy Awards for his duets with Linda Ronstadt and Trisha Yearwood. His album I Know I've Been Changed served as a message of hope to the world after Hurricane Katrina struck his hometown.
Neville's latest album, My True Story, recaptures the iconic sounds of the doo-wop era. On this episode of Song Travels, he blends his silky-smooth voice with the piano and vocals of host Michael Feinstein, as they perform renditions of "This Magic Moment" and "Smile."
Subscribe to the Song Travels Express podcast.