Courtesy of the artist
Hunter Hayes. Courtesy of the artist
- Hunter Hayes (guitar, voice), "Everybody's Got Somebody But Me" (Hayes, Brainard, Zuffinetti)
- Stevie Wonder, "Superstition (excerpt)" (Wonder)
- Hayes, "Storm Warning (excerpt)" (Hayes, Busbee, Sampson)
- Hayes (guitar, voice), "Somebody's Heartbreak" (Hayes, Laird, Dorff)
- John Mayer, "Waiting On The World To Change (excerpt)" (Mayer)
- Hayes, "Love Makes Me (excerpt)" (Hayes, Baker, Elam)
- Michael Feinstein (piano, voice), "Time After Time" (Styne, Cahn)
- Hayes (piano, voice), "Wanted" (Hayes, Verges)
Rising young country star Hunter Hayes performed at age 4 with Hank Williams Jr. and led his first band a year later. Hayes is now a versatile instrumentalist, writer, producer and performer, with hits including "Storm Warning" and "Somebody's Heartbreak." His self-titled debut album received three Grammy nominations.
On this edition of Song Travels, Hayes joins host Michael Feinstein to discuss his musical roots in Cajun Louisiana, as well as the stories that inspired him to write his many love songs. Musical performances include his original song and first gold record, "Wanted."
Subscribe to the Song Travels Express podcast.