Courtesy of the artist
Rob Schwimmer. Courtesy of the artist
- Rob Schwimmer (piano), "Holding You In My Arms" (Schwimmer)
- Schwimmer (piano), "My Funny Valentine" (Rodgers & Hart)
- Schwimmer (theremin, piano), "Waltz For Clara" (Schwimmer)
- Michael Feinstein (voice), Schwimmer (piano), "Never Never Land" (Styne, Comden, Green)
- Schwimmer (piano), "The Octet from Light In The Piazza" (Guettel)
- Schwimmer (piano), "Isaac Newton" (Schwimmer)
- Feinstein & Schwimmer (voice, piano), "Stairway To Heaven"/"Almost Like Being In Love" (Page, Plant)/(Lerner, Loewe)
- Schwimmer (theremin), "Träume" (Wagner)
- Feinstein (voice), Schwimmer (piano), "In The Wee Small Hours" (Hilliard, Mann)
Composer and pianist Rob Schwimmer has worked with the likes of Simon & Garfunkel, Stevie Wonder and Bette Milder. He's also written scores for Oscar-winning short films and is a master of the theremin.
On this edition of Song Travels, Schwimmer joins host Michael Feinstein to discuss the endurance of standards and perform a few of his favorites, including "My Funny Valentine." He also honors the legacy of theremin virtuoso Clara Rockmore with his composition for the instrument, "Waltz for Clara."
Subscribe to the Song Travels Express podcast.