Andrew Eccles/Courtesy of the artist
Renee Fleming. Andrew Eccles/Courtesy of the artist
- Renee Fleming, "Twilight (excerpt)" (Rachmaninoff)
- Fleming, "Die Forelle (excerpt)" (Schubert)
- Fleming (voice), Michael Feinstein (piano), "They Can't Take That Away From Me" (Gershwin)
- Fleming, "River (excerpt)" (Mitchell)
- Fleming, "O Danny Boy (excerpt)" (Traditional, Arr. DeFeo)
- Fleming, Susan Graham, "The Flower Duet (excerpt)" from Lakmé (Delibes)
- Fleming, "Sure On This Shining Night (excerpt)" (Barber)
- Fleming (voice), Feinstein (piano), "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" (Rodgers & Hart)
Grammy-winning soprano Renée Fleming is a regular at the world's top opera houses and concert halls around the globe. Her awards include a Fulbright Lifetime Achievement medal and the National Medal of Arts.
On this episode of Song Travels, Fleming shares her love of folk music, and covers material from the art songs of Franz Schubert to the modern-day songwriting of Joni Mitchell. Host Michael Feinstein joins Fleming for a few standards, including "You Can't Take That Away From Me."
Subscribe to the Song Travels Express podcast.