Courtesy of the artist
Diane Schuur. Courtesy of the artist
- Diane Schuur (voice, piano), "I've Got You Under My Skin" (Porter)
- Schuur and the Count Basie Orchestra, "Deedle's Blues (excerpt)" (Morgan)
- Schuur (voice, piano), "I Get Along Without You"/"Don't Worry Bout Me" (Carmichael)/(Bloom, Koehler)
- Schuur (voice, piano), "The Very Thought Of You" (Noble)
- Schuur, B.B. King, "At Last (excerpt)" (Gordon, Warren)
- Schuur, Stevie Wonder, "Finally (excerpt)" (Wonder)
- Schuur (voice, piano), "I Remember You" (Mercer, Schertzinger)
- Schuur (voice, piano), "Nice 'n' Easy" (Bergman, Spence)
- Schuur (voice), Michael Feinstein (voice, piano), "Embraceable You" (Gershwin)
Blessed with perfect pitch and a resonant voice, vocalist and pianist Diane Schuur received her training at the Washington State School for the Blind. Today, Schuur is a two-time Grammy winner who has performed at Carnegie Hall and the White House.
On this episode of Song Travels, Schuur joins host Michael Feinstein to describe her experiences collaborating with B.B. King and Stevie Wonder. She swings through a few favorites, too, including "I Get Along Without You Very Well" and "The Very Thought of You."
Subscribe to the Song Travels Express podcast.