Wyclef Jean Tickets and Book Giveaway Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY STATES AND D.C., AGE 18 OR OVER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1.CONTEST SPONSOR. The Wyclef Jean tickets and book giveaway Contest (the Contest) is sponsored by National Public Radio, Inc. (the SPONSOR).
2.HOW TO ENTER. The Contest begins at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time on September 17, 2012, and all entries must be received by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time on September 18, 2012. To enter, go to the This Is NPR blog http://www.npr.org/blogs/thisisnpr/ and read the post updated at or near 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time containing lyrics of a Wyclef Jean song, and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying the title of the song that contains those lyrics. The Contest Winner will be the person who submits the first entry to be received containing the correct title of the song containing those lyrics; the song title given must be exactly the same in spelling, punctuation and all other respects as the name given on the official CD containing that song. Only one (1) entry per person. Any attempt to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, may result in disqualification of the entrant by the SPONSOR in its sole discretion. There is no fee to submit an entry. By submitting an entry to the Contest, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and acknowledges that the decisions of the SPONSOR shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
3.QUALIFIED ENTRIES. To be qualified for the Contest, an entry must identify the song that contains the lyrics posted as described in paragraph 2 above. The song title given must be exactly the same in spelling, punctuation, and all other respects as the name given on the official CD containing that song. The Contest Winner will be the entrant whose qualified entry is received first. The order of receipt of entries shall be determined by the order in which they appear in the inbox of the email@example.com email account. SPONSOR is not responsible for delays in sending or receiving any entry, discrepancies caused by technological defects, internet speeds, or any other factors that may affect the time at which the entry is received. If there is any dispute as to which entry is "first," or the correctness of any entry, the winner shall be determined by the SPONSOR in its sole discretion. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified. If the SPONSOR, in its sole discretion, has reason to believe that any entry was manipulated, or violated any law or any rights of a third party, the SPONSOR may immediately disqualify such entry and take any other measures the SPONSOR may deem appropriate.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to individual legal residents of the fifty United States who are age 18 and over. Any individuals who have, within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Contest or thereafter, been employed by or performed services (including but not limited to as employees, consultants, independent contractors, or interns) for SPONSOR or any of its subsidiary, affiliated, or successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. The SPONSOR reserves the right to verify and confirm entrants ages and compliance with other eligibility requirements. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist the SPONSOR in verification of eligibility. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the email address.
5. WINNER SELECTION. The Contest Winner will be notified by email to the account from which the winning entry was submitted on or about September 18, 2012. The Contest Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and any other documents that SPONSOR may reasonably require within two (2) business days of receipt. If the Contest Winner does not reply to any notification within twenty-four (24) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within two (2) business days of delivery to the Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of SPONSOR, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
6. PRIZE. One (1) Contest Winner shall receive two tickets to Wyclef Jean in Conversation with Michel Martin, Thursday September 20, 2012 at 7:30pm, 600 I Street NW, Washington, DC 20001, and a copy of the book Purpose: An Immigrant's Story by Wyclef Jean. The total approximate value of the Prize is $70.00. No substitution, cash redemption, or transfer of right to receive prizes is permitted, except in the discretion of SPONSOR, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize consists only of items expressly specified in these Official Rules.
7. ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, release, discharge, and hold harmless SPONSOR and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, and the officers, directors, and employees of each of the foregoing, from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest, including without limitation claims for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of any prize.
8. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants permission to the SPONSOR to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information for SPONSOR's programming, publication, publicity, advertising, and all other promotional purposes without compensation, review, or approval, unless prohibited by law. The SPONSOR reserves the right to terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest due to any of an act of God; unavoidable accident; epidemic; fire; blackout; act of public enemy; war, riot, or civil commotion; enactment, rule, order or act of government or governmental instrumentality or tribunal; strike, lockout, or other labor dispute; inclement weather; the recapture of any time period scheduled for the live broadcast of a program for an event of national importance or emergency; failure of technical facilities; failure of email or other systems; or other cause beyond its control. SPONSOR is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, mis-delivered, or delayed entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or judging of entries. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Contest Winner.
9. GOVERNING LAW. This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the District of Columbia without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the District of Columbia.
10. WINNER'S NAME. For the name of the Contest Winner, available after September 18, 2012, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Wyclef Jean tickets and book giveaway Contest, NPR, 635 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20001, Attn: Communications/Contest Winner. Responses will be provided to all requests made prior to September 18, 2013.