Webby Awards Submission
NPR.org is National Public Radio on the Web. Each day we make all stories from NPR news, entertainment and talk programs such as All Things Considered, Fresh Airand Talk of the Nationaccessible via streaming audio and RSS feeds. Outstanding NPR journalists contribute original material and help the Web-producing team turn great radio into quality online journalism. NPR Podcasts offer anytime/anywhere access to the public-radio community. And a free seven-year archive enables users to enjoy past programming and get context on the day’s events.
A few notable site features:
Original Web Articles and Packages, often featuring extensive use of audio and other multimedia resources, help us cover the news more completely. Examples:
- Roberts Hearings: Tuesday's Audio Highlights
- Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist Dies at 80
- Debating the Patriot Act (including a summary of key controversies)
Web-Original Music Programming helps us expose listeners to new music and genres. Examples:
- All Songs Considered, a Web-only music-discovery program, spotlights new CDs and artists each week. All Songs is available as an iTunes and Yahoo top-ten podcast.
- Live in Concert provides live webcasts along with archived audio and often downloads performances by both emerging and popular artists on the alternative scene.
Web-Only Columns by our own journalists and outside experts provide analysis and opinion. Examples:
- Watching Washington, by Senior Washington Editor Ron Elving
- Taking issue: Evolution and Religious Faith
- Political Junkie by Political Editor Ken Rudin
Web “Buildouts” that expand on radio stories enable users to explore topics more fully. Examples:
Visit the site: