Starting today you will have to register to post to the blog. Don't worry. This will ultimately let you do a lot more with the site:
- Comments will now be posted instantly, instead of waiting for us to approve them.
- Commenting will now be possible on both NPR blogs and stories.
- We can feature your comments on the NPR home page and in the inset column of story pages.
- You can "recommend" stories.
- You can connect directly with NPR.org staff and other users through your public profile and the community home page.
- You can also help moderate the site with "report abuse" links.
Here's a bit more about it.
Your voice has made this music blog fun for us and everyone else who reads it. We've also learned a lot! So please take a minute to sign up.
If you care to complain or have constructive criticism, post it below. If you don't want to register (and I hope that won't be the case), then write to us at email@example.com.
One downside is that you won't be able to comment on older posts or any post made before October 1st. However, past comments made to those posts will still be visible.