Musician Jay Bennett's death last month was caused by an apparent accidental overdose of a common prescription pain-relief medication.
Bennett was found dead last month in bed at his home. Duane Northrup, the Champaign County Coroner, said that tests show the 45-year-old musician died from an overdose of Fentanyl, a drug commonly found in patches and prescribed to treat chronic pain.
Bennett for years suffered from pain caused by a stage dive back when he was with the band Titanic Love Affair. He had recently learned that hip-replacement surgery would relieve his pain, and was preparing for surgery.
If you've not read the caring thoughts of fans and friends, take a look at an earlier blog post. Add your own thoughts, as well. So sad.