Music

Embarrassing Crush on Radiohead Song

If I ruled the world, I'd pick "Bodysnatchers" from Radiohead's In Rainbows for a Best Song in the World Today. I realize this means my mama may not have raised me right.

Bonus: The whole Scotch mist movie thing.

Comments

LOVE that song.

Their cover of the Smiths' Headmaster Ritual is also excellent. And it's not just any band that can cover the Smiths and sound great.

Sent by Maura | 11:20 AM | 1-1-2008

I'm right with you Laura. I've listened to "Bodysnatchers" well over 30 times since it came out. The song is fun, energetic, and undoubtedly awesome. If I was being completely honest I might even go as far as to say that it trumps "Every Single Line Means Something" by a substantial margin of - I don't know - seven points?

But yet again, it's always important to remember that "I have no idea what I am talking about."

Sent by Will G | 12:43 PM | 1-1-2008

Reckoner? Anyone? All I Need?

Sent by Jacob Ganz -- NPR | 1:14 PM | 1-1-2008

Thanks for the awesome videos. Definately one of the best songs from arguably the best band in the world. I can't believe no one has mentioned "Jigsaw Falling into Place." It's a not-to-be-missed track.

Sent by T.C. | 5:37 PM | 1-1-2008

I believe it's a testament to a great album when nobody can agree on the best song.

Sent by alice | 4:31 PM | 1-2-2008

So a couple of weeks ago there was a whole segment on how Lil' Wayne was having the best 2007 ever (or something like that). So if Rap is eligible to be nominated for "Best Song in the World Today" I think Lil' Wayne should be considered. I love Lil' Wayne, but had put records aside for a little but. But that segment re-kindled my interest and I have been listening ever since.

Sent by Jamie Mahaffey | 12:43 PM | 1-18-2008

you are right alison. This is actually my fave off the CD. great taste.

Sent by rodrick hudson | 2:12 PM | 1-25-2008