Book Club

Alert! Get BPP Book Club Alerts!

Hey, we're official! The BPP Book Club now has its own e-mail address.

We'd love to start compiling a contact list for those of you who want to get updates about the book club — new selections, blog entries, all that good stuff.

So drop us a line, and we'll sign you up.

Not sure what this whole book club thing is all about? Check out Alison Stewart's recent interview of Hisham Matar, the author of In the Country of Men, our inaugural selection.

And check out our latest pick, Aryn Kyle's The God of Animals. You've got until Friday, May 2 to finish it; that's when the BPP Book Club meets online.

Comments

Hello, please sign me up for the book club mailing list. Thanks.

Sent by Andrae Tomes | 2:04 PM | 4-11-2008

Bought the book at local independent bookstore ... so my weekend will be shot! Thank you!

Sent by David Hollis, Hamilton, NY | 2:44 PM | 4-11-2008

Gah! I'm too lazy to go to the bookstore. Can't you just pick a book that I've already read?

I'll send you a list.

Sent by Nathan in Holland | 8:07 AM | 4-14-2008

@Nathan in Holland
Sure, we'll consider one you've already read. Send your list to the address linked in the post above.

Sent by Sarah Goodyear | 12:04 PM | 4-14-2008

Patiently waiting for amazon order to arrive, hopefully before Sant Jordi, the book-giving holiday here in Barcelona, so I can read this book in time for the meeting. Wondering if you ever do a longer book, can I get a jump start on the title?

Sent by Kymm (Barcelona, Spain) | 6:23 PM | 4-15-2008

Stayed up till 5 a.m. reading last night. Am up to page 116. Love the humor element. Here a cute quote:

"A new bumper sticker in the rear window read, I Brake for Palominos. "Well, that's good news," I said and my father looked at me. "When Cap bolts out of the arena and drags Sheila down the street, at least Mrs. Altman won't run them over in her car.""

There is something endearing about a sarcastic tomboy.

:-)

Sent by Rebecca | 7:12 PM | 4-17-2008

Inhaled the book- terrific writing. It was easy to care about and root for Alice. Girls/women,especially those with sisters, will probably love it. Some thoughtful boys/ men may also get it, especially the father/son conflict.

Sent by Jacqueline | 4:17 PM | 4-24-2008

So, finally retrieved the novel from the post office this evening and am unsure about finishing it in time, but hope I can still comment after the long holiday weekend is over (May 5th)... Enjoyed the author and reining competition videos - please know your efforts are appreciated, Sarah! Wish me luck!

Sent by Kymm in Barcelona | 5:06 PM | 4-25-2008