Luncheonette

Rock, Paper...Waaah?

People gotta know: there's a new rock, paper, scissors on the scene. Jacob is currently office champion.

Comments

It looks kinda like a mixture of "Boboskeewaatentaaten" (who knows if that's spelled correctly?) and Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Sent by eliz.s. (@elizs) | 12:56 PM | 4-30-2008

I think you guys might now be married in at least one hemisphere.

Sent by Alison Stewart-npr | 1:04 PM | 4-30-2008

Um...I think that gets a big ROFLMAO/WTF

Sent by Joe | 1:08 PM | 4-30-2008

I smell meme. Watch out Roflcon 2009.

Sent by kmc | 1:37 PM | 4-30-2008

Hee hee SNORT!

Sent by Kerstin Upmeyer (Kittydew) | 1:38 PM | 4-30-2008

haha i love ian's freakout move he does. as a game geek and even geekier programmer this is a neat layer of abstration on the game and a great find.

Sent by jurrel | 2:14 PM | 4-30-2008

Love it! Perhaps Ian should have his own segment called, "People Gotta Know." :)

Sent by Maiken Huntsman | 3:43 PM | 4-30-2008

Ha. Very cool; it looks like it adds a lot more depth and skill to the game.

A couple years ago I invented a RPS variant called Monkey-Ninja-Pirate-Robot-Zombie. You can see the win-lose diagram here and the five gestures here. As far as I know the only people who ever play it are my girlfriend and I (and she's the only one who remembers what beats what).

Sent by Jordan Running | 3:52 PM | 4-30-2008

@Maiken - I think there should be a segment called "I just saw this on the way to work - because crazy stuff always happens on the way into work, or when BPPers go get breakfast sandwiches. :-)

Sent by Liam | 4:21 PM | 4-30-2008

Oh dear... we keep replaying 1:03 for Ian's freakout. Can barely type this for the laughing....

Sent by Marc Naimark | 5:38 PM | 4-30-2008

It's really, really hard to learn. Unless you grew up theater-slapping your friends.

Sent by Daniel | 12:21 AM | 5-1-2008

I LOVE IT! I love it even though I know for a fact, if we were paired up, Ian would totally kick my a$$.

Sent by April | 12:34 AM | 5-1-2008

Jordan Running... do I know you?! YES! I just checked out your LJ page. I was thinking "hey, we played monkey-ninja-pirate (or something like it) in college." And there's a good reason for that :) I'm also a Cornell alum. I recall a Jordan in CnG, was that you? I hung out with P$, et.al. and was "Order" of the pair "Chaos and Order" in the event that you were around for such happenings. Also formerly known as Green Sarah.

Sent by Sarah Lee | 9:27 AM | 5-1-2008

Hey, Sarah. Small world, innit? No, I wasn't in CnG, but a lot of my friends were. I know P$, sorta. The Monkey, Ninja, Pirate, Robot you played is probably this RPG, which one of my friends (Tom Reyes, who was in CnG) told me about after I came up with my RPS variant:

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this comment thread. Feel free to leave a comment on my LJ or something if you want to get in touch.

Sent by Jordan Running | 2:03 PM | 5-1-2008

One New Year's Eve, a couple of years ago, my best friend and I watched the world championship of RPS (who knew?!), which would have been much more entertaining had it been of this variety.

Sent by m.rawlins | 3:48 PM | 5-1-2008

Another thing kids do is say "MySpace" instead of "cheese" when they get their picture taken.

Sent by Lauren | 4:49 PM | 5-1-2008