Stuff We Love

81 Days and Counting

The Coen brothers were in the air at the BPP offices today. When I got here this morning, Dan and Tricia were in some sort of heated discussion over The Big Lebowski, and then while I was eating my lunch I noticed this:

It's the preview for the next flick by the Coens. It's called Burn After Reading. It seems to be about spies. Its cast includes everyone awesome who ever signed up to be an actor. Rachel Martin says it's going to make her head explode all over some theater come September 12.

Be honest now. Could anything in the world make this trailer better?

Comments

It needs a bikini.

(Of course now I'm picturing J.K. Simmons in a bikini. Make it stop.)

Sent by Dave Wiley | 5:26 PM | 6-23-2008

I was going to say I needed a little more of Brad Pitt's hair, but now I have it paused at :26 and that seems to do the trick.
If at the end a hotdog came out of my computer screen it would be better.

Sent by Ian Chillag/NPR | 6:47 PM | 6-23-2008

It looks like it could somewhere between The Ladykillers and The Big Lebowski.

Sent by Michael | 11:37 PM | 6-23-2008

Snark alert:

Dunno. Maybe not totally overselling it??

Snark over.

Ok. I'm a fan of the Coenses' movies...and I'm a fan of David Lynch's movies too... but could this be the Coenses' "The Straight Story?"

Sent by Nathan in Holland | 3:57 AM | 6-24-2008

This looks so awesome. Of course I know what it's about, because the plot of every Coen brothers movie is basically the same: People on the brink of society and/or sanity who are not career criminals become mixed up in some sort of criminal activity, through a combination of circumstance and bad decisions. They get in over their heads. Hilarity and/or tragedy ensues.

That's the plot of every Coen brothers movie and they're pretty much all either good, great, or genius.

Sent by Dan Pashman, NPR | 9:35 AM | 6-24-2008

Clooney? Swinton? Simmons? Brad Pitt? Count ... me ... IN !

Sent by Addis | 7:54 PM | 6-24-2008