Tomorrow's BPP

The Rundown for Friday

Comments

sigh.... The final rundown.
Oh how I loved these.

Sent by Charlie @mergecross | 4:06 PM | 7-24-2008

I have the same msg notifier tone as MM! Love this nice tour of the (soon to be former) BPP studios.

Sent by eliz.s. (@elizs) | 4:08 PM | 7-24-2008

It feels just like the last days of school: excitement for new things to come but a feeling of sadness for all the times shared. The best of luck, and thanks for all the good times. Listening from MxCity

Sent by Adriana Rodarte http://twitter.com/aerodi | 4:31 PM | 7-24-2008

The only one we didn't get to see on camera (aside the absent people) was Meena Ramamurthy, but I guess that would have been amateur, turning the camera on yourself.

Sent by Matthew C. Scallon @mattsteady | 4:33 PM | 7-24-2008

that was really charming. all the more sad that you have to do another tomorrow.

Sent by Matthew and Kerry from Radio-Sweethearts.com | 4:37 PM | 7-24-2008

Wow, that sounds like it hurt. Thanks for the tour of the studio. I love the "this is not an exit" sign on the door.

Sent by Susie @rangersusie | 4:39 PM | 7-24-2008

Not much left to say but this:

I <3 the BPP.

Sent by Will G | 8:06 PM | 7-24-2008

Crying

Sent by Robert Paterson | 8:11 PM | 7-24-2008

Wishing you all the best for a great show. This will be a sad day indeed...but hang in...you have a lot of support and fans out here.

Sent by Jane | 9:01 PM | 7-24-2008

dangit. i am still so upset. please, please don't go! that's the trouble when you make a radio show that shares so much of your personality with your listeners; the listeners get very, very attached to you.
unpack those boxes! stay!!!1!

Sent by candice | 9:35 PM | 7-24-2008

That was cool, fun, and sad all at the same time. It was the Smiths of Rundowns.

Sent by Maura @m_a_u_r_a | 9:36 PM | 7-24-2008

First of all, thank you to the BPP reporters for making my morning commute interesting, fun and ultimely shorter than it really is. Just to let you know I am a Public Library Director and often shared your stories with my staff at our Wednesday morning meetings. You provided our Library with great music (Melody Gardot), great books (Choose Your Own Adventure for adults) and inspiration (the successful New York Charter school), just to name a few items I shared with my staff.

Second, NPR is '...cutting off its nose...' Don't you realize that the BPP makes NPR's dry and intense reporting hip, happening and tolerable? I like the premise of NPR, but man, I cannot stand to listen to it! It's too dull!

Guess what, I'm in my early 50's and I work with that wide range of public and have worked with the public since I was 15 years old. NPR better get on the right train and realize who the audience is out here and what we like - and it's not dull, boring reporting...

Okay, I'm done. I never really blog or write letters to the editor, but I feel that it's important to share my thoughts about the loss of the BPP.

Good luck to all of you and thank you for giving me interesting morning commutes and food for thought!

Sent by Loretta | 10:00 PM | 7-24-2008

I absolutely love The Rundown. The BPP has been such a cool show and a thriving community.

Sent by Mike @halemikale | 10:37 PM | 7-24-2008

i hate this

Sent by Lars Hoel | 10:41 PM | 7-24-2008

I have not yet expressed my extreme displeasure with the cancellation of this show. I am contemplating taking the Sirius receiver out of my car, placing it under my rear right tire, and backing over it. The BPP was BY FAR the best part of Sirius.

I wish I could join you in drinking Friday night, but will do so in my locale in your honor- it will be like a funeral.

Thank you, best of luck to you all, and great job to everyone.

Sent by Marcos | 11:35 PM | 7-24-2008

I just finished my second and (thankfully) final resignation letter.
So I totally empathize with everyone at BPP. Tiniest of silver linings: be thankful that you don't have go through "The End" two weeks in a row, like me.

Have a great last show, everyone!

Sent by Sandra Y. | 12:52 AM | 7-25-2008

Final, 11th hour post. I needed to write one more time, not sure what to say. Thanks and love to you all at the BPP - see you around the inter-webs. Greetings to new friends - see you at the Diner. Note to NPR - there is still time. Don't blow this.

Sent by Glenn Wonacott | 2:32 AM | 7-25-2008

Thanks for the guided tour of the BPP Crib guys. It was nice to see some of the behind-the-scenes faces one last time. I'm planning to defy my company's Web Use Policy and listen to the final show live today. (It's vacation season here in Sweden, and with so many colleagues out-of-office, I think our servers can handle it.)

My very best wishes to the entire BPP crew. I'm now off to stalk as many of you as I can find on twitter (where my username is Shazzer). Cheers Sweeties!

Sent by Sharon Bowker | 5:00 AM | 7-25-2008

I'm so sorry to see you go. I have loved the BPP since I discovered it last October. Good luck everyone! BTW, Alison: I can't wait to hear you on Wait!Wait! Do you know when your appearance will air?

Sent by Joe | 8:27 AM | 7-25-2008

SO sad to see the show go- it was the perfect way to start my mornings. You guys did a great, creative, entertaining and intellectually stimulating job! Good luck.

Sent by Nicolle | 8:38 AM | 7-25-2008