Tomorrow's BPP

The Rundown for Tuesday

Comments

See NPR?! This is funny. This is personality. This is alive whereas so much of NPR is dry and dull. This could have been the future of National Public Radio.

Sent by Dan M. | 3:14 PM | 7-14-2008

It's stuff like this that makes me cry to see you go!! I'm a NPR junkie but lately I'm getting tired of a lot of the shows. BBP was a refreshing change.

Sent by Jenniffer | 3:19 PM | 7-14-2008

tricia rules!!! ...and so does that pizza!!!

Sent by janet | 3:27 PM | 7-14-2008

I am truly saddened that my morning ride to work will be without your uplifting show. NPR is making a huge mistake I wish evryone good luck and I wish myself something to bring a smile to my face like your show always did.

Sent by Ralph Murray | 4:02 PM | 7-14-2008

Ahh, the rundown. I think I'm going to miss you most of all, scarecrow.

This really hits it home that my dream of a recurring segment where BPP staffers and listeners challenge Tricia to increasingly wacky contests will never happen.

Thanks to you all for filling my workdays with wit and intelligence the last few months. It won't be the same from here on out without you.

Sent by kevsmirk | 4:11 PM | 7-14-2008

Save BPP! THis NPRs best show sad to see it go.

Sent by Trevor Noel | 4:28 PM | 7-14-2008

Sent by Trevor | 4:38 PM | 7-14-2008

BPP better by far than ordinary NPR

Sent by Dwayne | 5:13 PM | 7-14-2008

In the early 90's when I was in high school, we watched Channel 1 news every morning in homeroom. Allison Stewart was an anchor for Channel 1, and I absolutely loved her. She was so real and relatable. Last year, I got Sirius satelite radio, and decided to check out NPR. The first day I turned it on, it was the BPP, and Allison was talking. I thought, "Boy, that sounds like Allison Stewart"...and of course, it was. How psyched was I...I kept listening and now I am totally addicted. The BPP gives me news stories I actually want to hear, and talk about. It has educated me, made me laugh, made me cry. I am devastated that it will be ending...my morning commute is definately going to suck...

Sent by Erin Vatcher | 6:40 PM | 7-14-2008

How sad. I'm outside the target "younger" audience by a margin, but came to rely on your up-beat but news-containing show. Loved the music and the ramble.

Sent by Leslie | 7:32 PM | 7-14-2008

Ah, bryant park project goes out on the same lame, poseur note it rode in on.

Godspeed through texas f@&&%t!

Sent by Anon | 7:39 PM | 7-14-2008

Wow. I've been on the road and off-line, so I didn't get the news until now...this is definitely sad.

Thanks for producing a great show! It's obvious from the 500+ comments on the blog that your show has had an impact. It's smart and funny and will definitely be missed.

Sent by Todd | 7:43 PM | 7-14-2008

Anon, defame my home state like that one more time and I will whoop your punk ass from here to Levelland

Sent by Stewart | 7:56 PM | 7-14-2008

It's a reference to "Kids In The Hall"

Don't be weird about it

Sent by Anon | 8:03 PM | 7-14-2008

Why don't you guys quit whining and get your unemployment paperwork filed? God, July 25 can't come soon enough.

Sent by Mark Batisah | 8:07 PM | 7-14-2008

Matt,

I think it would've been better to tell Tricia that you don't like her via the New York Times. That would've been much more classy...

Sent by Steve Petersen | 8:30 PM | 7-14-2008

This is my Mourning Edition.

Sent by Nick G | 10:14 PM | 7-14-2008

Matt Martinez.

You are a savage. Your honesty resonates from coast to coast.

Thank you.

Sent by Herman, Los Angeles | 10:38 PM | 7-14-2008

I'll miss the show. I believed in it. I know how hard it is to make and I think it was awesome cuz you guys rock. I loved my minute with all of you.

Sent by Toure | 12:32 AM | 7-15-2008

Message from Luke: http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=78&sid=73359

Sent by Dan M | 6:55 AM | 7-15-2008

I LOVE BPP. Columbus Ohio's radio report news two days after BPP. When I tell people I love NPR's BPP, they always assume I'm listening to a monotone radio show. Which is the complete opposite of BPP.

Sent by Mollie | 8:15 AM | 7-15-2008

Et tu, Brute? Geesh how sad is this. I thought i had found a great, geeky-hip place to hang out. The BPP made my brain work, engaged my emotions on an intellectual level, and made me freekin laugh. I wish i could win the lottery, and fund the program.

Sent by R.Shawn | 9:06 AM | 7-15-2008

So this is a little off topic, but I've just GOT to clarify this - did Mike quote J.J. FAD this morning during the beginning of the show?? I could have SWORN I heard him say "P is for perfection 'cause you know that we are freaks" - and let me tell you, that made my WHOLE DAY perfection! =0)

See now, this is why I just can't bear to let the BPP go...some one please let Mike know that his one little remark put a smile on my face for the whole day long!

Sent by Lauren A. | 10:23 AM | 7-15-2008

Man. I'm going to go listen to Playboy bunnies interview their dogs on Sirius now because my hopes for decent shows are completely trashed . Thanks loads, NPR. Tricia...don't listen to them. You are awesome.

Sent by jessie | 10:45 AM | 7-15-2008

So sad to see this show go. I have enjoy listening to it on the internet.

Sent by Toni | 4:41 PM | 7-15-2008