Tomorrow's BPP

The Rundown For...Ever

Comments

Gorilla Suit?
Shedding a tear.

Sent by Steve | 12:11 PM | 7-25-2008

Thanks so much for everything. I'll miss your voices every morning as I go to work.

Sent by Greg | 12:11 PM | 7-25-2008

Wow. Way to go out in style. :)

Thanks, Matt, Trish, Win, and everyone else for all the Rundowns. I took the BPP with me every morning on podcast, and when I got home, I always watched the Rundown. I'll really miss it.

Sent by Trey (@treyethan) | 12:13 PM | 7-25-2008

:( I laughed. I cried. :( I'm not feeling very friendly toward NPR. It's strange- two weeks ago I loved NPR... now, not so much.

Sent by April | 12:18 PM | 7-25-2008

microphones, internet, gorilla suit, and dignity. I think that will be my new swear phrase for a while.

Sent by Susie | 12:23 PM | 7-25-2008

You guys were great.
You guys ARE great.
Congrats on everything you achieved and everything you will achieve. Best, -jk

Sent by Jay Kernis | 12:25 PM | 7-25-2008

Brilliant. Love you.

Sent by Sarah Goodyear | 12:44 PM | 7-25-2008

Hey! We haven't BEEN a great community. We ARE a great BPP community! I counted almost 150 at the BPP Diner a few minutes ago. Man, I need this weekend, and I am sure you guys need it umpteen times more than us ...

Sent by T. Weiss (Maple_Fan on Twitter) | 12:48 PM | 7-25-2008

Hail and farewell, y'all. We'll miss all the billboard e-mails.

Sent by Trey at NPR | 1:04 PM | 7-25-2008

I'll miss your voices every morning while at work. Thanks for all that you have done.

Did I recognize Ian as one of the movers??

Sent by Julia from Denver | 1:13 PM | 7-25-2008

hahaha I just laughed so hard! Thanks for that!

Sent by Carey | 1:35 PM | 7-25-2008

Jeez, talk about making me laugh through my tears! Thanks.

Sent by Cinder Conlon | 1:43 PM | 7-25-2008

I enjoyed you guys...listened to you on Sirius and you were apart of my morning drive to work. I will miss your voices in the morning and I hope that they bring you back!

Sent by Rebecca McDonald | 1:43 PM | 7-25-2008

I expected nothing less than...brilliant. :)

Sent by Marilyn | 2:01 PM | 7-25-2008

I actually cried today listening to the last show, you guys. Seriously. That is something I've NEVER done in regards to media. Thanks for the good times. Make good use of that gorilla suit. See ya at The Diner.

Sent by Angi in Chicago | 2:03 PM | 7-25-2008

Thank god you've taken the internet with you.....at least we'll be able to stay in touch now.

Sent by Julie in North Carolina | 2:05 PM | 7-25-2008

I almost cried.

Sent by Steve Petersen | 2:08 PM | 7-25-2008

@Angi, I also cried a few times during today's show. Then this Rundown also made me cry, realizing this was the last rundown. But then seeing the movers taking out things like Gorilla Suits, I started laughing at my desk.

To quote Stevie Wonder, this was the joy inside my tears.

Sent by Sarah @lanj | 2:56 PM | 7-25-2008

Both very funny and sad. I'll miss this show a lot.

Sent by Tom | 3:37 PM | 7-25-2008

Here's are some "unfiltered" views on why NPR canceled the BPP:

Sent by Phillip | 3:55 PM | 7-25-2008

Since I listen at work every day it takes me a good 6 hours to listen to 2 hours of the BPP podcast. i just finished the last show and I am sad. I don't think it will hit me fully until Monday when I open iTunes and go to click on the BPP Podcast. I won't be deleting the last show just yet. I may need a reminder.

@Angi You said it just right. I have been disappointed in the past that a favorite show was cancelled but never heartbroken, like I am today.

P.S. See through coveralls?!?

Sent by lisa in LNK | 4:45 PM | 7-25-2008

I'll never forgive NPR. I'll miss you all so much. I'm still in denial/anger stages. I'll never get past the anger.

Sent by Jeremy | 5:03 PM | 7-25-2008

So long ... and thanks for all the fish.

Sent by David M. | 10:16 PM | 7-25-2008

The BPP show was part of my daily ritual at work. It sometimes took me all day to get through the two hour show due to, well, actually working, but it gave me so much enjoyment throughout the day. I really feel like I developed a personal relationship with you all (you were my co-workers!). I didn't really visit the blog all that much, but I am actually happy about that now because I feel like I still have something more to discover about the BPP. My experience with you guys has been great, I can only imagine what it must have been for all of you...Thanks.

Sent by Bonnie in Orlando | 11:53 PM | 7-25-2008

I'm also impressed that the video cut out while the player said there was more left... tragically apropos; kudos.

Sent by David Newberry | 4:17 AM | 7-26-2008

Its rare for a news show to take on such a personal relationship with its listenership and I was proud to join in. Your brand of news was a breath of fresh air and I will miss it. I know you will all land well and I hope you land soon. G-d Bless and Good Luck!

Sent by Ben P. | 10:07 AM | 7-26-2008

you all are amazing...
did dan bring that gorilla suit from home?
i wish you all the best of best of luck and can't wait to see where you surface next.
still can't really believe you're gone

Sent by m.rawlins | 10:55 AM | 7-26-2008

I had just learned about your show the week before it was announced that you were going off the air, but in the little time that I did listen, the BPP brought a lot of joy to my days. Thank you so much to everyone who worked on the show, and also to all of the other listeners! I hope you will all have a ton of success moving ahead--you deserve it!

Sent by Andrew in Maryland | 2:13 PM | 7-26-2008

Like many of you have said, my workday is going to be much more empty without the BPP. I shed a few tears during the last show. Good luck BPPers! You will be missed.

BTW, anybody else notice the liquor bottles in the cabinet behind Matt's head???

Sent by Joe | 10:10 PM | 7-26-2008

Don't forget your old shipmates
Fair or foul the weather
Tip us your flipper for a shake
Now a drink together
Don't forget your old shipmates
Fol de Rol.

That roll call on the last episode was so emotional. I'm a guy, and I have no shame in admitting that I needed a break, and went outside for a walk. I felt like 15 friends were ripped violently from my life. I'm already on ning, come on over, everybody!

Sent by Mathieu Raymond | 9:14 AM | 7-28-2008

I've listened for a year and will miss the BPP tremendously. Thank You All So Much.

Sent by Ryan Jones | 3:57 PM | 7-28-2008

Standing O for all you guys! We haven't seen the last of you, I have a feeling.

Sent by Kristasphere | 4:56 PM | 7-28-2008