Tomorrow's BPP

Tuesday's Rundown

Comments

The shelf behind Trish has been cleaned! The end is neigh indeed. I'm gonna really miss you BPP.

Sent by Dan M. | 3:31 PM | 7-21-2008

take a look at this: "All of this has led to rumours that NPR, like a TV network unexpectedly besieged by irate fans of a newly cancelled cult hit, is suddenly reconsidering its decision. Under the rumoured survival scenario, the show wouldn't remain an over-the-air offering but rather become a less-polished Web-only program."

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/GAM.20080721.DIARYISL21/TPStory/TPComment

Sent by Elliott MITCHELL | 4:04 PM | 7-21-2008

I would be (non morbidly) interested in your situations. What kind of contract do you work under? Don't they have to find you another job at NPR? Do you get unemployment benefits? It might be interesting for the proverbial liberal NPR listeners/members to know the employment conditions for the people who bring them their public broadcasting.

Sent by Marc Naimark | 4:24 PM | 7-21-2008

@Elliott Mitchell: I think the writer is wrong about one point. He writes that BPP is the first new show launched by NPR in 10 years. When was Day to Day launched? According to Wikip, in 2003.

Sent by Marc Naimark | 4:30 PM | 7-21-2008

I don't understand how a "scaled down / web only" program could have enough revenue to support Alison's private jet, Matt's Jacuzzi, and Dan's bacon budget.

Sent by Dave Wiley | 5:19 PM | 7-21-2008

I keep waiting for the day when I come into work and pull up the BPP to see the headline saying NPR has reconsidered their decision due to overwhelming support for the BPP. I hope there is something to this!

Sent by Jeremy | 5:24 PM | 7-21-2008

Oh yeah, glad to have Allison back, but I miss Pesca!!!

Sent by Jeremy | 5:47 PM | 7-21-2008

Gasp!

Is the rumour true???

Please keep making the BPP!!!

Sent by G | 6:09 PM | 7-21-2008

Great Show as Always, but I have a request. With this being the final week for BPP any chance you could thrown on a little Andrew W.K.? I know you guys know who he is, people should hear how he went from writing all primarily about partying to being a motivational speaker. You can make it happen!

Sent by Kevin | 10:27 PM | 7-21-2008

no no no!
NPR you suck!

a Fond Farewell (Elliott Smith) last show .

Sent by thearquebusier | 11:08 PM | 7-21-2008

What about News and Notes?

Sent by Afi Scruggs | 1:56 AM | 7-22-2008

eeek, four days and counting, the morning drive, pod casts, and web browsing on npr.org will be that much less now that you have gone!

Sent by Frank Imbornone | 2:25 AM | 7-22-2008

No~way.......
I can't still accept it.
I really reaaally...miss BPP

Sent by Sarah | 5:42 AM | 7-22-2008

only a few words come to mind.
NPR YOU SUCK!
how, why, and what for can you cancel the finest program on radio?????
Blessed be the bean counters, for they shall rule the world.
PS I'm not in your typical demographic - I should by your reckoning be listnening to All Things Considered, but I Love BPP.
PPS OK, its more than a few words, but I'm ANGRY!

Sent by John D | 10:38 AM | 7-22-2008

Would you put up a photo of everyone? I'll wave from this side. Sigh.

Sent by shc | 12:00 PM | 7-22-2008