Your Turn: User Nominations

Elementary 'In Character': Junie B. Jones

Nominated by Jennice, Isaac Dickson Elementary School, Asheville, N.C.
From Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth by Barbara Park

Junie B. Jones

My favorite character is Junie B. Jones because she is a character that expresses herself. Junie B. Jones is secretive — she does not say out loud what she is thinking.

But the reader knows.

She uses her journal to express her true inner thoughts. Her inner thoughts are so hilarious — so are mine.

My favorite book is Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth because in the book, Junie opens her mouth a lot and keeps on talking (like me). She's not the type of person who cares what people think of her. She has lots of friends, she's a little goofball, and she likes to play around, have fun and do wild things.

Sometimes Junie B. Jones and I are misunderstood, but the best part is I bet she is really nice and a kind person — like me!

Hear Jennice read her essay:

Listen

Comments

I agree with you a lot becuase Junie B.Jones is also my favorite character and I think that she is like me too.

Sent by Isaac Dickson 5th grade student | 2:03 PM | 5-28-2008

I like the way you think about the book. it is a good feeling to hear what you think.It is a nice exression of your thoughts.

Sent by Issac Dickson 4th grade student | 2:07 PM | 5-28-2008

Junie B. is sooo like me! were like the same people but I dont really like people saying stuff about me. though. lol

Sent by Lily | 12:53 PM | 5-30-2008

I really liked your blog. That sounds like a good book, I think I will read it soon.

Sent by Emma 4th grade | 12:57 PM | 5-30-2008

I like the way that you describ Junie B. i like here persnalty and yours to

Sent by By a forth grader at isaac dickson | 1:00 PM | 5-30-2008

my name is al-asia and i go to isacc dickson elementry school and im not sure if you know where that is located but anyway it is located in asheville norht carolina and my teachers name is maried smitka and she is from wisconsinaand my assistant teacher is robin wells and she is from statesvilleand im from tennesee and i move to north carolina in 1999 march 15 wuich is my birht date except for 1998 is when i was born thank you for reading all of my typing and have a good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.;.......................................;............................;.......................;......................;

Sent by al-asia | 1:01 PM | 5-30-2008

How great that you can connect with such a fun character!

Sent by Cindy Srijayanta | 10:22 PM | 6-2-2008