• James Cameron talked to The Los Angeles Times about the home video release of Avatar, and he's got plenty to say about the sequel, the big fans, and lots more.
• The Food Network is getting a "younger-skewing" offshoot called The Cooking Channel, and you can preview its lineup of shows.
• I enjoyed this discussion of TV themes, which argues that they are not dead quite yet.
Another American version of another British success, early movie ticket sales (like very early), and a couple of shows get new seasons, after the jump.
• A U.S. version of Top Gear? Apparently so.
• Movie tickets for Sex And The City 2 are a surprisingly hot commodity, considering that, you know, the movie is weeks away from opening.
• There were a couple of noteworthy pickups yesterday, including a second season of Parenthood and an eighth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.