Rob Sachs, here ...
There were some harsh words said about the Phillies baseball team on today's program. So as the World Series swings back to my hometown, I'd just like to offer 10 reasons why the Phillies will definitely win the World Series:
1. We have the coolest nicknames in baseball -- The Flyin Hawaiian (Shane Victorino), Chooch (Carlos Ruiz), and Hollywood (Cole) Hamels.
2. We have facial hair, and we know how to use it.
3. Speaking of Jayson Werth, he comes from a family of athletes including his mom who was track star ... that's just cool.
4. The Phillie Phanatic: He's big and green and he does his own stunts.
5. Pitcher Cliff Lee's cat-like reflexes.
6. Over half our starting line-up were All-Stars this year.
7. Our star slugger Ryan Howard reached 200 career homeruns faster than any other player in major league history.
8. Chase Utley has already broken the all-time record for consecutive games reaching safely in the postseason.
9. Our fans are way more enthusiastic and despite a rowdy reputation, we're very cool people, especially we bring our kids to the game.
categories: 'Behind the Curtain' at TMM