By Mark Memmott

All three cable news networks are now reporting that Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, the lone suspect in last week's shooting rampage at Fort Hood, will be charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder.

MSNBC says an announcement will be made later today at the Army post. CNN says a news conference is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.

The networks are military and government sources.

Twelve military personnel and one civilian were killed in the shooting spree. More than 30 people were injured. For more of NPR's coverage of the story, click here.

Update at 1:05 p.m. ET: At Fort Hood, officials just announced that the charges have been filed.

categories: Crime

11:54 - November 12, 2009