Circling back to a story that broke earlier Tuesday, the killing of four Israelis in the occupied West Bank, the militant group Hamas claimed credit for the shootings that occurred outside the settlement Kiryat Arba settlement.
Reuters reports that two men and two women, one of who was pregnant, were killed when gunmen opened fire on their car near the settlement not far from Hebron.
After no claims of responsibility for the attack were initially made, Hamas, the extremist Islamist group eventually said it was behind the killings.
Reuters also reported the following earlier:
GAZA, Aug 31 (Reuters) - The Hamas armed wing said it would carry out more operations after claiming a shooting on Tuesday which killed four Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank.
"This attack is a chain in a series of attacks, some have been executed, and others will follow," Abu Ubaida, spokesman for the group, told Reuters.
The British-based news agency also provided a list of recent attacks by Palestinian militants on Israelis:
- June 2010 - An Israeli policeman is shot dead in the WestBank city of Hebron.
- February 2010 - An Israeli officer is stabbed to death atTapuah settlement in the occupied West Bank.
- December 2009 - A Jewish settler is killed in a roadsideshooting in the West Bank.
- April 2009 - A Jewish settler boy is killed by anaxe-wielding Palestinian.
- March 2008 - Palestinian gunmen shoot dead eight Israelisat a Jewish seminary in Jerusalem.
- March 2006 - A suicide bomber kills four Israelis at the Kedumim settlement in the West Bank.