"Taxes" and related terms ("death tax", "estate tax", "Bush tax cuts", "tax") have been used a total of 1141 times by the politicians and political influencers that NPR is tracking.
Why We're Tracking This: Taxes are always a hot political topic. Republicans talk about cutting or eliminating them. And they like to refer to their opponents as "tax-and-spend liberals." Democrats talk about making them fair and letting the "Bush tax cuts" expire for the wealthiest Americans. They accuse Republicans of favoring the rich.
Compare Usage of "taxes" By...
Popular Overall With...
Lou Barletta (R)
- Last 7 days: 4 uses (up 400% over last week)
- Overall: 4 uses since Aug. 30
Mark Kirk (R)
- Last 7 days: 8 uses (up 300% over last week)
- Overall: 38 uses since Aug. 30
- Last 7 days: 26 uses (down 19% from last week)
- Overall: 422 uses since Aug. 30
- Last 7 days: 33 uses (down 15% from last week)
- Overall: 633 uses since Aug. 30
'Sparkline' graphs plot each word's motion over the last 8 weeks.
Recent uses of "taxes"
...number of Democrats who are supporting me for Governor. Many Illinois Democrats are no more supportive of high taxes and wasteful spending than I am, and recognize that I will deliver the Clean Break from Blago/Quinn. Thanks...
...with Jennifer Carroll to share our plan to create jobs by reducing the size of government and lowering property taxes....
...Kelly's tax plan will cost 80% of AZ an average of $3k more in taxes every year. VOTE TMRW text "where" to 30644 to find your polling place...