A florid, flamboyant pianist, Bobby Enriquez (1943-96) was called "the wild man of jazz," a reference to his karate-like attack with fists, elbows and palms hitting the keyboard. Although he never received formal lessons, Enriquez clearly made his mark among jazz heavyweights.
In this 1990 episode of Piano Jazz, Enriquez plays a fiery rendition of "Just One Of Those Things," then teams up with host Marian McPartland for his own "Bumble Rumble Blues."
Originally broadcast in the fall of 1990.
- "Just One Of Those Things" (Porter)
- "Memories Of You" (Blake, Razaf)
- "Mean To Me" (Ahlert, Turk)
- "All Alone" (Berlin)
- "You Make Me Feel So Young" (Gordon, Myrow)
- "Chelsea Bridge/Lush Life" (Strayhorn)
- "No More Blues" (Denniker)
- "Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year" (Loesser)
- "Bumble Rumble Blues" (Enriquez)