HD RadioTM - What is It?
What are the benefits?
- FM broadcasts with CD-quality sound.
- AM broadcasts with FM stereo quality.
- Broadcasts will be static-free, without pops, hiss, and signal fading.
- New data services, such as artist and song title, plus scrolling text, traffic updates, weather reports and more.
- Opportunities for entirely new services, like surround sound, multiple audio channels, store-and-replay radio, a "buy" button for music, sports, and concert tickets, and more.
- It's FREE, just like today's analog AM and FM radio.
HD Radio technology is new. It allows digital information to be broadcast along the same channels as AM/FM radio. The system allows listeners to enjoy "CD-quality" sound and virtually eliminates the static, signal fading, and pops typical of traditional radio. The technology also provides a platform for new data services, such as song and artist information, weather services, and traffic alerts. And best of all, it's FREE for consumers.
While stations are only now in the process of converting, more come online every week. Is your station on in digital? How do you listen to it? For answers to these and other questions, check the FAQ.
- HD Radio is a trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation