Maternity Leave

Alison Checks In One Week After Isaac's Arrival

description

Alison's bundle o' boy at 3 hours hide caption

itoggle caption

Isaac Stewart Wolff turns one!

One week old, that is......

What a difference a week makes. This morning my son and I ( so funny to write that) went to the pediatrician, where he was described as "one of the strongest infants" the doctor has ever seen.

Regular readers know about 11 days ago I had a really tough time with the first two trips to the hospital, but the third was the charm. We were given the superstar treatment — literally, since we were assigned the same fancy labor room as used by Gwyneth Paltrow, Michael J. Fox/Tracey Pollan and Bowie and Iman — and after 11 hours of labor and one C section, 8 pounds and 6 ounces of cuteness came into the world.

As I've blogged, Ike was over a week late but we think we know why. In my family a lot of us were born on holidays. My birthday is July 4th, my sister is New Years Day, my niece July 4th, my paternal grandfather Halloween, my maternal grandfather New Years Day, my paternal grandmother was born on the first day of summer and my mother is Thanksgiving (11/25).

So we think he was holding out for a holiday and don't you know...his cumplea� is Cinco de Mayo.

More maternity leave blog posts on the way...but right now....a dirty diaper needs changing.....

Comments

I'm happy for you that he didn't wait for Memorial Day

Sent by Dennis | 4:51 PM | 5-12-2008

Awww, he's so cute! Congrats Alison!

Sent by April | 6:33 PM | 5-12-2008

Adorable!

And I know what you mean by holidays--- we are either born on or around holidays in my family too! My dad is Christmas Day, my mother's is/is around Mother's day, my brother's Flag Day, and mine is the day after Valentine's. Easy to remember!

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more of your mommy adventures!

Sent by Natasha | 9:51 PM | 5-12-2008

Congratulations on a healthy baby boy! I like the name Ike. Did you name him after Eisenhower?

Sent by Michael | 11:45 PM | 5-12-2008

What a cutie! And as a West Coaster who's never liked the Lakers, I was glad to hear Daddy say Isaac's not a big fan of them either. :) Looking forward to more mommy dispatches...(as long as I don't have to call you a mommyblogger). ;)

Sent by Marilyn | 1:06 AM | 5-13-2008

He's definitely a handsome fellow. Well worth waiting for. And now we can celebrate his birthday with margaritas every year.

Sent by Cinder Conlon | 6:53 AM | 5-13-2008

So when is Isaac going to start twittering?

Sent by Matthew Scallon | 12:36 PM | 5-13-2008

Congratulations Alison!

Sent by Lee | 3:21 PM | 5-13-2008

Yay! Beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!!

Sent by Michael Wood | 4:11 PM | 5-13-2008

@Natasha: "and mine is the day after Valentine's"

Me, too. When my wife and I were trying to schedule our first real date (at TGI Fridays) she suggested the 15th. I told her I was busy that day, but perhaps the day before. It never occurred to me it was Valentine's day. We went and had a great time. I even remarked how nice it was, although a bit sexist, that the servers were handing out red carnations only to the women.

Sent by Dave Wiley | 6:34 PM | 5-13-2008

I MISS YOU ALISON...congrats on the kid. You and Rachel would round off the end of my insomniac nights in Portland.
No big thing I sleep here and there but nothing big. I had my first dream in 2 years last week. I am rambling...Enjoy your maternity and come back soon because I cant stand mike pesky, he is very smart, he knows it, he isnt very funny and he doesnt know it, a dangerous combination when mixed with a night of no sleep.

Sent by Jonathan Klein | 6:14 AM | 5-14-2008