• If you've always wished that Darth Vader were less menacing and more functional, you will want to check out this gadget.
• Get your Twilight: New Moon premiere fix with this collection of photos from Best Week Ever, accompanied by some truly great commentary. Well done, BWE.
• Like your local bookstore? Sad about the possibility that it might close? Get together with the rest of your town and buy it. That's what they'd do in France.
Bing, diversity among writers, and Jennifer Hudson's latest project, after the jump.
• There's an interesting check-in on the progress of Microsoft's Bing search engine. How's it doing? Better ... sort of.
• Slate's Double X, launched earlier this year as its separate site for women, is being folded back into Slate. I have to say, I know a lot of women who would be smack in the target demographic for Double X, and none of them (us) have thought much of it, largely because of overreliance on sensational, fight-picking headlines.
• Jennifer Hudson — currently the only American Idol contestant to have won an Oscar, which is probably not an honor she'll be sharing any time soon — is set to star as Winnie Mandela in a new film.
• A new report suggests that television and film writing has a long way to go when it comes to questions of diversity and equal pay.