• The Wrap does a nice job of explaining how Oscar balloting works. My favorite revelation: It's all done by counting the paper ballots in actual, physical stacks. Quaint!
• Television advertising revenues are down quite a bit this year — a rather startling 21.7 percent among the broadcast networks.
• Gossip outlet TMZ is fond of claiming that however distasteful its methods and content, it's always right, which makes all objections irrelevant. Yesterday, however, it was rather brutally taken for a ride when it published what it claimed was a scandalous picture of John F. Kennedy cavorting with women on a yacht.
Feeling a little green, and yet another Facebook redesign, after the jump.
• As someone who has also written about the epidemic of on-screen vomiting, I was happy that Cinematical recognized 2009 as "The Year Of Puking."
• If you are a Facebook person, you may find it amusing that they have yet another redesign in the works, and there are already leaked pictures.