As we mentioned last week, our blog has undergone a renovation. We've spruced up the presentation a bit, but the biggest change is this: you have to register with NPR.org in order to leave comments on our blog. Among the benefits:
* Your comments will now be posted instantly.
* Commenting will now be possible on both NPR blog posts and stories.
* Your comments may be featured on the NPR home page and on story pages.
* You will be able to "recommend" stories.
* You can connect with NPR.org staff and other users through public profiles.
Register here after checking out some frequently asked questions. Please note that commenting on blog posts will close after seven days. Click here to read more on the changes coming to NPR's online community.