So, what can we say? Some year, huh? Some decade.
Let's review the bidding:
- Sept. 11
- The War in Afghanistan
- The War in Iraq
- The loss of Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers ... the collapse of Merrill Lynch
- The biggest job losses in the U.S. since the Depression
- The election of this country's first black President
- The increasingly diverse media universe (Go American Idol! Go Princess Tiana!)
- The first African-American female CEO of a Fortune 500 company
- The Apple iPhone (even though I don't have one yet)
What are YOU looking forward to in 2010?
... And what are you SO HAPPY to leave behind in 2009?