- "Feelings," A Welsh Men's Choir
- "Love Will Keep Us Together," Piranha Man from Pakistan
- "When a Man Loves a Chicken," Robert River
- "In the Mood," performed by chicken noises
- "Taco Bell Canon," 'The Rick Bayless Choir' [performers unknown]
- "Wind Beneath My Wings," Little Rick
Music can capture the elation of new love or the crushing sadness of a breakup. But annoying music makes a perfect soundtrack for self-pity, especially if want to keep wallowing in it.
Which brings us to Jim Nayder, host of The Annoying Music Show! — produced at Chicago Public Radio and carried on local stations that seemingly thumb their nose at the notion of a fairness doctrine. On account of Valentine's Day, Nayder spoke with Weekend Edition host Scott Simon about particularly annoying love songs, including a Welsh men's choir taking on the adult-contemporary classic "Feelings."
"It's both beautiful and so wrong, on so many levels," Nayder says.
Nayder brings up a crooner from Pakistan, an ode to tacos and what happens when a man loves a fowl.
Hear the full interview with Jim Nayder by clicking the link at the top of the page, starting around noon ET on Saturday, Feb. 14.
The Annoying Music Show! CDs are available through the NPR Shop.