.] [Tax Tips]

NPR's Elaine Korry reports on the changes to the tax code that come with the new year. There will be a new $400 per child tax credit that parents can claim on their 1998 tax form. Reductions in long term capital gains taxes have alredy gone into effect and Americans can apply them to their 1997 tax returns.



Please keep your community civil. All comments must follow the NPR.org Community rules and terms of use, and will be moderated prior to posting. NPR reserves the right to use the comments we receive, in whole or in part, and to use the commenter's name and location, in any medium. See also the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Community FAQ.