David Molpus (2-way)(update on US military in Afghanistan)
* NPR Reporter
Major Charles Heyman
* Editor, Jane's World's Armies (900 page reference book on armies)
* Royal Army National Security Expert
* Defense Consultant
* Author, War in a Distant Country: Afghanistan Invasion and Resistance
* Editor, The Weekly Standard
* Retired Navy Captain and Former Navy SEAL (platoon commander, led a pow rescue in Vietnam)
* Author, The Warrior Elite: The Forging of SEAL Class 228 (Crown, 2001)
* Anchor, ABC's World News Tonight
The US has entered its fourth week of air attacks against the Taliban in Afghanistan. Reports of Afghan civilian casualties continue to surface and the US has admitted bombing errors including a Red Cross food warehouse. What's the best strategy for achieving US military objectives in Afghanistan? On the next Talk of the Nation, Neal Conan talks with military strategists about the campaign to unseat the Taliban and how US ground and air strikes can do the job.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.