Dr. David Satcher
* Surgeon General, The United States
* Physician and Senior Natural Scientist, The Rand Corporation, Santa Monica, CA
* Director of Medical Advocacy, The Council on Size and Weight Discrimination
* Adjunct Scholar, CATO Institute, Washington, DC
* Author, Junk Science Judo: Self-Defense against Health Scares and Scams (CATO Institute, 2001)
H. David Reines
* Vice-Chairman of Surgery, INOVA Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA
According to the US Surgeon General, obesity has reached epidemic proportions. Some say it's no longer a matter of personal responsibility....others say it's what you eat. Is the problem personal or societal? Should communities do something to reverse this trend? Neal Conan talks with experts about the rising rate of obesity in America.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.