* Dean, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
* Co-Editor, Transitions to Democracy (Columbia Univ. Press, 1999)
* Professor of Politics, St. John University, New York
* Author, Economic and Political Change in North Africa (Praeger, 1998)
* Communications Director, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee
T.R. Reid (2-way)(talk about the Euro)
* London Bureau Chief, The Washington Post
There's been a worldwide trend over the last decade towards democracy and freedom. But according to Freedom House, Arab countries lag behind. Just twenty-eight percent of Arab countries meet its criteria for a "free" or "partly free" state. Neal Conan talks with Middle East experts about how the US can help Arab countries move towards democracy.