* Author, The Design of Everyday Things (Currency/ Doubleday, 1988)
* Professor, Computer Science, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
* Architect, Designer, Michael Graves Associates
* Professor Emeritus, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
* Author, The Evolution of Useful Things (Vintage Books, 1994); To Engineer is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design (Vintage Books, 1992)
* Professor, Civil Engineering, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Why is your car easier to operate than the average VCR? Did you buy your computer — or your toaster — because of the way it looks or the way it works? Join us in this hour for a look at the design of everyday things. From paper clips to toasters, to cars and computers... what makes something user friendly.