* NPR's Political Editor
Representative Christopher Shays
* Republican Congressman from Connecticut
* Co-sponsor, "Shays-Meehan" bill (passed Wed. night in the House)
Representative David Drier
* Republican Congressman from California
* Chairman, House Rules Committee
Representative Tom Davis
* Republican Congressman from Virginia
* Chairman, National Republican Campaign Committee (collects lots of soft money for the party)
* Democratic Senator from North Carolina
The House showdown over Campaign Finance reform is heating up again. Members will vote on either the Shays-Meehan bill, endorsed by almost all Democrats or two Republican backed alternatives. Will it pass this time? If not — what's next? Neal Conan talks with policy experts and lawmakers about the next step in campaign finance reform. Join us on Talk of the Nation from NPR News.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.