* Author, Colors of the Mountain (Anchor Books, 2001) and Sounds of the River (Harper Collins, 2002)
* Dean of the Graduate School of Journalism, University of California, Berkeley
* Research Associate, Center for Chinese Studies, University of California, Berkeley
* Author of 9 books about China, including Mandate of Heaven: The Legacy of Tiananmen Square and the Next Generation of China's Leaders (Simon & Shuster, 1996)
* Co-Chairman, International Rescue Committee (refugee relief and resettlement corporation)
* Former Ambassador to China from 1985-1989
* Former Assistant Secretary of State for Far Eastern Affairs from 1993-1997
Thirty years ago, President Richard Nixon journeyed to communist China. That historic trip is said to be Mr. Nixon's greatest foreign policy legacy and it opened the door to normalizing relations been the United States and China. This week, President Bush visits China. Thirty years of US-China relations... remembering President Nixon's visit. Join Lynn Neary on the next Talk of the Nation.