* Executive Director, Funeral Consumers Alliance (consumer advocacy group)
* Funeral Director, Lynch & Son's Funeral Home
* Author, The Undertaking: Life Studies from the Dismal Trade (Penguin USA, 1998) and Bodies in Motion and at Rest (Norton, 2001)
* Executive Director of the Cremation Association of North America
* Columnist for The Jerusalem Post
Nearly two hundred bodies have been discovered near a Georgia crematorium. Authorities arrested the operator who claims the incinerator is broken. This horrifying story has raised questions about regulation and oversight in the industry. How do you become an educated consumer at a time when grief can be overwhelming?