* Associate Professor, Linguistics
* Associate Director and Senior Researcher, Linguistics Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Professor, Linguistics, University of Texas, Arlington, Arlington, Texas
* Director, Alaska Native Language Center
* Professor, Linguistics, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Faibanks, Alaska
Some linguists predict that by the end of this century half of the languages now spoken in the world will be extinct. In this hour, we'll look at the world's endangered and dying languages. How is a culture shaped by its language? Does it really matter if we all speak the same language one day?