* Member of the Atlanta City Council, Atlanta, GA
* Mayor of Indianapolis, IN
* Co-founder and President, The Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment, and Security, Oakland, CA
* Author, The World's Water: The Biennial Report on Freshwater Resources (Island Press,1998)
* Executive Vice President, OMI, Inc. (Operations Management International, Inc.)
* Director California Office of Public Citizen (a citizen's advocacy group)
Cities like Atlanta and Indianapolis have turned over the operation of their water systems to private companies. What effect does privatization have on access and water quality? And who benefits from privatizing the water utility?