* Author, The Battle over Homework : Common Ground for Administrators, Teachers, and Parents(Corwin Press, 2001)
* Chair of Psychological Sciences Department, University of Missouri at Columbia, Columbia, MO
* Author, Getting Our Kids Back on Track: Educating Kids for the Future (2000)
* Assistant Education Professor, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, MA
* Co-author, The End of Homework: How Homework Disrupts Families, Overburdens Children, and Limits Learning (Beacon Press, 2001)
* Vice President for Learning at the Training and Development Corporation, Bucksport, ME (operate job training centers in Maine and Virginia)
* Archeologist and Faculty Fellow, Pacific-Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
Of all the controversial issues in education, from school prayer to mandatory testing, you'd hardly expect homework to make the list. But there's a growing debate in school districts around the country about how much is too much, and whether homework is doing any good at all. What's the real value of homework?