* Co-author, Al-Jazeera: How the Free Arab News Network Scooped the World & Changed the Middle East (Westview Press, 2002)
* Author, New Media, New Politics? From Satellite Television to the Internet in the Arab World (Washington Institute for Near Policy, 1998)
* International Affairs Fellow, The Council on Foreign Relations (foreign policy research center)
* South Asia Director for Internews, (non-profit, international media development organization)
* Founder of National Iranian Television (NITV), based in Encino, California (Farsi-language satellite channel)
Satellite television stations like Al-Jazeera are changing things in countries where the government used to be the only source of news. Fax machines and the Internet play a part too. The effects of uncensored information on closed societies.