* Author, Vietnam Now: A Reporter Returns (BBS Books, 2002)
* Vietnam Veteran and Poet
* Author, Blues For Unemployed Secret Police: Poems (Curbstone Press, 2000) and The Moon Reflected Fire (Alice James Books, 1994)
* Research Fellow at the International Institute of Strategic Studies in London
* Author, Hard Men Humble: Vietnam Veterans Who Wouldn't Come Home (Free Press, 2002)
* Special Assistance to the Director, POW-MIA, Office at the Department of the Defense
For many years, Vietnam has been quietly recuperating from the war years by improving its economy, pursuing trade and reaching out to the international community. Journalists who covered the Vietnam war have recently returned to cover the peace. What did they find 30 years later?