Steven M. Wise, J.D.
* Author: Drawing the Line: Science and the Case for Animal Rights (Perseus Books, 2002) and Rattling The Cage: Toward Legal Rights for Animals (Perseus Books, 1999)
* Lecturer, Harvard Law School
* Cambridge, Massachusetts
Raymond Fersko, J.D.
* Attorney, Firm of Mintz and Levin
* Representing National Association for Biomedical Research
* Washington, DC
* Professor, Pharmacology
* University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
* San Antonio, Texas
Elliot M. Katz, D.V.M
* Founder and Director, In Defense of Animals
* Mill Valley, California
Last week, German lawmakers voted to extend certain legal rights to animals....a move that might limit the use of animals in scientific experiments. This week on Science Friday we'll look at the debate over animal rights and animal experimentation. Should animals have legal rights? How might such a move affect biomedical research? Do we still need to use animal models in experiments?