* Author, Snobbery: The American Version (Houghton Mifflin, 2002)
* Writer and Director, Metropolitan (1990)
* Author, The Last Days of Disco with Cocktails at Petrossian Afterwards (FSG, 2000)
* Co-author, The BAP Handbook: The Official Guide to the Black American Princess (Broadway Books, 2001)
* President, Edith Wharton Restoration (non-profit organization established to restore Wharton's house in Lenox, MA)
Everyone hates a snob, BUT can any of us claim to be snobbery-free? There are wine snobs, but also cola snobs; jazz snobs and heavy metal snobs. Opera snobs and baseball snobs. What are you a little snobby about? The roots of snobbery in American culture, on Talk of the Nation from NPR News.