* Author, Snobbery: The American Version (Houghton Mifflin, 2002)
* Writer and Director, Metropolitan (1990)
* Author, The Last Days of Disco with Cocktails at Petrossian Afterwards (FSG, 2000)
* Co-author, The BAP Handbook: The Official Guide to the Black American Princess (Broadway Books, 2001)
* President, Edith Wharton Restoration (non-profit organization established to restore Wharton's house in Lenox, MA)
Everyone hates a snob, BUT can any of us claim to be snobbery-free? There are wine snobs, but also cola snobs; jazz snobs and heavy metal snobs. Opera snobs and baseball snobs. What are you a little snobby about? The roots of snobbery in American culture, on Talk of the Nation from NPR News.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.