* Syndicated Advice Columnist, "Tell Me About It: Advice for the Under-30 Crowd," appears in The Washington Post
* Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
* Author of The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant: An Adoption Story (Plume, 2000) and the forthcoming book Skipping Toward Gomorrah: The Seven Deadly Sins and the Pursuit of Happiness in America (Dutton, 2002)
* Editor, The Stranger (a Seattle weekly paper)
* Columnist, "Savage Love," (internationally syndicated)
Ann Lander's final column runs this weekend. In this hour of Talk of the Nation, join Neal Conan for a look at the world of advice. Who do you turn to for guidance? And how has the advice business changed?
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.