* Professor of Semiotics and Anthropology, University of Toronto, Canada
* Author The Puzzle Instinct: The Meaning of Puzzles in Human Life (Indiana University Press, 2002)
* Author, Word Freak: Heartbreak, Triumph, Genius and Obsession in the World of Competitive Scrabble Players (Penguin, 2002)
* Editor, The New York Times Crossword Puzzle
* Puzzle Mister, NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday
Riddle me this ... The Queen of Sheba used them to test King Soloman. Charlemagne was addicted to them. And many of you will do one on Sunday morning. Join Neal Conan for a look at the human instinct for puzzles, in this hour of Talk of the Nation from NPR News.