* NPR's Diplomatic Correspondent
* Visiting Scholar, The Swedish Defense College
* Retired Airforce Colonel who has taught at the National Defense University
* Professor of History, University of New Orleans
* Director, The Eisenhower Center for American Studies, University of New Orleans
In a report to Congress, President Bush has outlined his vision of US military strategy. It calls for pre-emptive action against terrorists and says the US should act alone if necessary to protect American interests. Neal Conan hosts a discussion of what this means for US foreign policy.
Read the Transcript