John J. Mearsheimer
* R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor, University of Chicago
* Co-director, Program on International Security Policy, University of Chicago
* Vice President, The Lexington Institute, Arlington, Virginia (public-policy organization)
* President, Japan Policy Research Institute (a non-profit research and educational organization)
* Author, Blowback : The Costs and Consequences of American Empire (Holt Owl Books, 2000)
The stated goal of U.S. policy in Iraq is regime change, a phrase guaranteed to spark passionate debate as well as flashbacks to Chile, Grenada and Kosovo, to name a few. On Talk of the Nation, Neal Conan looks at U.S. foreign policy, regime change and the lessons to be learned from this history.
Read the Transcript